About Me

If you want to get a different perspective on my journey, try this blog from Zac. A friend I'm travelling with. zacstravelcolours.wordpress.com

Thursday 17 November 2011

Day 1: Welcome to Thailand.

So it looks like this has temporarily become a travel blog. For the next 20ish days I'll be in Asia, and writing. If you've never been to Asia, hopefully you'll learn something useful or read an unusual story. If you have then you should at least be able to laugh at our mistakes. Whichever it is. Enjoy! (or not, that's really up to you.)

Pictures are a bit thin on the ground at this stage. But i think this one's cute.

One minute in the streets of Phuket was all it took for a kind local to offer me a prostitute. Impressive, even by Thai standards.

With that essential information out of the way, let’s begin.

For once we'd thought ahead. Zac had booked us into a guest house in Phuket a full two days before we even arrived. Unheard of. Unfortunately, he booked us for four nights when we only needed three. Even more unfortunately, it was in completely the wrong part of Phuket. Kind've the equivalent of going to Brisbane and staying in Strathpine.

We decided to cut our losses and find a new place closer to the action. That's $18 (for the remaining three nights) I won't be seeing again in a hurry. God I love Thailand.

Today can be summed up pretty easily. Beach, massage (the legitimate sort), and suits (the potentially illegitimate sort). Everything I've seen online has told me to steer clear of Thai suits. Needless to say, I'll be buying three.

Well that's it for today. Stay tuned for more borderline interesting stories.

FOOD UPDATE: My first meal included cold chicken. It'll be interesting to see how that one pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment